Re: Where to buy helmet?

To: simon@mondes.com, Karim.Marouf@cancom.com
Subject: Re: Where to buy helmet?
From: MHKitchen@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 16:28:14 EST
I agree with Simon.  I've bought both helmets and suits from Bell MOtorsports
and they are fairly priced, knowledgeable and helpful.  For us, we can visit
them, but they also sell on the web.  I checked, however, their current price
(Jan 2000) on the M2 is $261, BUT you also get a free FUR LINED helmet bag
(sounds like it could be used for other things as well!!).  Can highly
recommend them.

FYI, in addition to the added safety a high quality helmet might provide, the
helmet weight is an important consideration for safety AND for comfort.  A
lighter helmet is less load on the neck muscles, and less of a suspended mass
in a crash.  The extra cost is well worth the expense at the end of a long
race, particularly on a track with high speed banked corners where you can't
hold your head up any longer.

Regards,
Myles H. Kitchen
1965 Lotus Cortina Mk1 #128