Re: New tow vehicle help

To: RodsINTOMG@aol.com
Subject: Re: New tow vehicle help
From: Simon Favre <simon@mondes.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 19:01:31 -0800
The Luddites were a group of people who opposed the Industrial Revolution
by throwing things into the machinery to break it. Ever heard of throwing
a monkey wrench in the machinery? In the UK, that would be a "spanner in
the works." The term is properly used to describe anybody who deliberately
sabotages new technology. I think it was misused in describing anyone who
still uses a pickup to tow a race car. If you call somebody a Luddite for
mindlessly clinging to old technology instead of embracing the new, that
term might apply to all of us! ;=)

And, YES, I still use a pickup truck, dammit!