Re: VARAC /Mt. Tremblant

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: VARAC /Mt. Tremblant
From: Daniel Thompson <dthompson@videotron.ca>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2000 21:11:07 -0500
Fred Crowley wrote:

> Question for any VARACers on the list. Does anyone know the dates
> of a vintage event(s) at Mt Tremblant this year?
>
> Best regards
>
> Fred Crowley

Organizing events at Mt. Tremblant over the last few years has been a
hit-and-miss proposition at best. There was a joint VARAC-VSCCA event
that was supposed to be in late Sept. but ended up being re-scheduled a
week later and combined with a production/formula ford weekend. There
are some photos on the VSCCA web site.

Impossible to know at this time if there will be one in 2000. Best to
stay in contact with VARAC and VSCCA thru their websites (or stay in
touch with me). VARAC also has their own mailing list.

On a related note, the track is in the process of being sold. If the
sale goes thru (a big IF at this point) the new owner is vintage
friendly and wants to organize a "Goodwood of North America" type event.
He is a Ferrari fanatic.

In the meantime it is business as usual, which means the track continues
to fall to pieces without any attempt to repair it. I understand that
Jim Russell will continue to offer courses in 2000.

We have all been collectively holding our breath and hoping we do not
lose what is arguably one of the most beautiful, challenging, scenic,
and historic tracks in all of North America.

Say a prayer for us!

Daniel Thompson
Montreal