Re: Fw: Racing in the Fifties and early 60's.

To: larry gallo <agallo@pcfl.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: Racing in the Fifties and early 60's.
From: Brett Johnson <356drb@indy.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 1999 19:30:52 +0000
larry gallo wrote:

> I am (with trepidation) herein going to
> toss a grenade into this forum -- to wit:
> What really do we do about, say, pre
> Stingray Vettes (the solid axle kind)
> Lister Vettes & various "B-modifieds"
> that have, say, 358 or 377 inch mills in
> place of their similar appearing 283s?
> Or, maybe 310 inch SVO'd GT-350s?

Imagine my surprise while looking over the BRIC (formerly Chicago
Historics) race results on the Road America web site, when I found that
the car that won class 2A where my 1300 cc 1951 356 Porsche ended up
(1955 and earlier, 3 liter and under) was a 1958 Corvette!  Maybe it is
a Corvette conspiracy of some sort to dominate vintage racing.

Weather report from the VSCDA race at IRP this weekend -- rain!  Sunday
forcast is for only morning rain, so far.  The treacherous turn 15 onto
the dragstrip has also lived up to its reputation.

Brett Johnson
1951 356 Porsche (with damp interior)
1957 Lotus Eleven (still in trailer)