Information Search

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Information Search
From: "Joel Seguine" <jseguine@umich.edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 99 15:06:26 EDT
Greetings.

I'm looking for information on a Formula Jr. car I'm restoring.  Here's
what I know. It's a "Bandit," one of two or three cars built in Huntsville,
Alabama circa 1960 using the Lotus 18 as a model.
The name George Barnard is connected with the car. He might have been the
builder.  I have Bandit II that originally had, I believe, Fiat 600 running
gear. It was campaigned in SCCA in the sixties as a Formula Jr. then later
in the seventies as possibly a Formula Ford. We've found one reference to
the Bandit in the Nov. 1963 issue of "Sports Car" in a grid in the
Southeast Division run-offs.

I did find some George Barnards in Alabama, two in Huntsville.  One of the
latter wasn't the right one or his kin, the other proved unreachable.  The
other two outside of H'ville were not the right ones either.  So I need
some other leads.  Any information on the car or George Barnard (OR his
kin) would be appreciated.

Thanks very much.

Joel Seguine
News and Information Services
412 Maynard Street
University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1340
(734)936-6396
jseguine@umich.edu

Please ignore attachments to this message.