Little LeMans retro

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Little LeMans retro
From: Richard W Waite <acace@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 12:32:04 -0400
Interestingly enough I had a conversation with Bill Rutan recently about
this very subject. For you younger folks, Bill and Art Riley ran a Volvo
(544 I think) and possibly a Saab before that at the original events.
Bill was and is a free spirit and his views on most everything can be
controversial to say the least. Anyway, Bill had suggested a retro to
LRP's managment but was rebuffed. Not sure what reason they gave but part
of it could be Bill. Now that Mike Rand is leaving LRP and new managment
is taking over it may be time to re-visit the idea.

Btw, Bill is still very active in SCCA hill climbs. He, brother Charlie
and son Mike all ran Mt. Washington a couple of weeks ago, all in VW's of
questionable parentage.
Bill runs a Rabbit with no primary color, Charlie a very nice, center
seat bug and Mike a Scirocco bodied Audi Quarttro which is very quick.