RE: V8 Cortinas

To: "'Derek Harling'" <derek.lola@sympatico.ca>,
Subject: RE: V8 Cortinas
From: Andrew Pursey <MorrisOxford@s054.aone.net.au>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 08:16:51 +1000
Derek....

It seems like a million years ago that I was also at Brands Hatch, my "home"
circuit!

Wasn't it Terry Sanger who had the V8 Cortina in club racing?  Then there was
Brian Bolton's "Fraud" Cortina V8, but that might have been a year later.

1967 was the year that Frank Gardner from Australia won the British Saloon Car
Championship.  However, here in Australia he is better known for his
open-wheeler exploits.  Anyway, FWIW, he will be the featured driver at the
HSRCA all-Historic race meeting at Eastern Creek Raceway in Sydney on 18/19
September - if any overseas listers are in Oz at that time, we'd love to see
you at the race meeting (last year we had a couple of US visitors who stumbled
over the meeting by accident and then stayed late eating steak sandwiches and
drinking beer with the tin top drivers).

....regards...Andrew "Axeman" Pursey....1955 Morris Oxford (racing in Group Na
pre'58 Classic Saloons) and 1956 Morris Isis (almost a daily driver and now a
classic tow car).