Re: Nissan 200SX/CVAR/VM fiction

To: cobra@airmail.net, owner-vintage-race@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Nissan 200SX/CVAR/VM fiction
From: PaceCars@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 16:25:06 EDT
In a message dated 4/16/99 4:16:25 PM, wrote:

>Paul, it sounds a little new for the sanctioning bodies that run races in
>> the Midwest. About the only group I think might accept it would be the
>> Corinthians in Texas that  are pretty much, "run whatcha brung" kinda club.

Hey gang,
Contrary to the wildly inaccurate article in the current issue of Vintage
Motorsport, CVAR has some of the strictest regulations around. We take no
production cars after 1972, and they're all on treaded tires or they go on
the trailer. Our regs are the 1972 SCCA GCR and PCS. We do have an IMSA/FIA
class that goes through 1974. Supposedly there will be a correction in the
next issue. "Run what you brung" has not been in effect in CVAR for about 3
years now...it never worked worth a damn and all we were getting were
circle-track refugees and hot-rod late-model Corvettes and Porsches (other
clubs take note). Please spread the word that the article was pure
fiction...really out of character for VM. Why the author decided to zero in
on our regulations without once reading them or talking to anyone on the
regulations crew is below even current standards of journalism.
AAAARGH,
Harold Pace
Chairman, Regulations Committee, CVAR