Re: MGB Negative Camber

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB Negative Camber
From: Malcolm Cox <malcox@napanet.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 22:10:50 -0700
My MGA uses very similar (if not identical) A arms.
I use 2.5 degrees negative.  A commonly accepted optimal number for the
Yokohamas.
I tried 5 degrees (supplied hopefully by mistake by an unnamed vendor), went
very well but looked stoopid and wore out the insides of the tires.
Tried 0 degrees, went very well but wore out the outside of the tires.
As a matter of interest when the Yokes outside edges got a little worn, I broke
the rules, flipped the tires inside out.  Has gone very well ever since.
I think on balance that I'm probably going a bit faster than before, but I
suspect that the best tuning advice I ever got was:
You still have some youth left, go and mis-spend it!
Malcolm,  Napa