Re: top speed?

To: Irv Korey <emanteno@ibm.net>
Subject: Re: top speed?
From: Robert McCurdy <rmccurdy@quicklink.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 18:02:59 -0500
At the risk of treading on more informed toes, I think without benefit of a
full tonneau cover, the car without the top suffers from a significant low (or
perhaps high,  I don't remember this too well) pressure zone created by that
great big hole where the driver sits whereas the tin top has minimally
disrupted flow over the cockpit.  Probably be faster still with the windows
closed.

As I said, this is taxing my memory so I stand ready to be corrected by all
you closet aerodynamicists lurking on the list.

Rob McCurdy
Lola 322