V16 vs. v12

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: V16 vs. v12
From: karim.marouf@cancom.com
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 11:19:53 -0800
My copy of "Into the Red" just arrived from England=2E It's
 the most exciting car book I've read=2E Nick Mason's
 cars--which include a Bugatti T35B, a 250F, a GTO,
 an ERA, a V16 BRM, and about fifteen others--are
 tested at Silverstone=2E The test driver and co-author does
 a great job of describing what it's like to drive these cars on the limit=2E

A CD that comes with the book has track-side and
 on-board recordings of each car=2E I've never heard
a BRM V16 before, but that thing just blew me away=2E
With its blown 1=2E5 liter engine screaming up to 12,000 rpm,
it sounds insanely frantic, more like a modern F1 car than
something built in 1949=2E In comparison, the  GTO V12 sounds pretty sedate=2E

I've recommended this book to all my racing friends=2E
Don't get the U=2ES=2E version (called "At the Limit") because
it doesn't have the CD=2E The CD alone is worth the price=2E

Karim
Santa Monica
Karim Marouf
Canon Communications LLC