Re: Racing flags

To: "Mordecai Dunst" <mdunst@smtplink.coh.org>
Subject: Re: Racing flags
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 08:01:16 -0500
I was a tad dismayed at the ferocity of the responses to this, particularly
as the passing flag is not blue with a stripe of any colour, but rather
solid light blue.  So all those who said otherwise, possibly your local race
organization uses non-FIA standard flags for signallying during races, or
you've forgotten what passing flags actually look like!

Reference is http://www.fia.com/homepage/selection-a.html , paragraph 4.1.2

Brian

At 02:21 PM 11/25/98 -0500, you wrote:

>     _I suspect you are a spectator -if not please ask the cheif steward
>     for assistance.
>
>     answ.
>
>     Watch your mirrors -faster traffic  behind you/likely to pass.
>
>     Mordy
>
>Ok heres an easy one, I saw a Blue flag with yellow or orange strip, what
>gives?  Is this the debris flag?

Brian Evans
Director, Carrier Sales
UUNET, an MCI WorldCom Company