Re: Authentic Vintage Parts

To: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@forbin.com>
Subject: Re: Authentic Vintage Parts
From: thomkuby@ridgecrest.ca.us (thom kuby)
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 17:33:49 -0700 (PDT)
Wilmot? did you say Wilmot? =20

I've been lurking on this list FOREVER and this is the first mention of=
 Wilmot that I've noticed...

Wilmot is the site of my very first SCCA race (a regional).  My mentor=
 -which my raceteam is named after- took me there and proceeded to=
 indoctrinate me in the differences between sports cars and drag racing=
 (which I was deep into then)...afterwards, it was Elkhart Lake, Blackhawk=
 Farms, Mid-Ohio etc.

I guess we all remember our "first time"...and no, I wasn't a competitor at=
 Wilmot, hardly...I was just a kid; I think I was twelve at the time.  But=
 I'll tell you what - the experience sure stuck with me...I still think of=
 the place every now and then.

Cheers
Thom Kuby
EP Porsche 912 (still under construction)