Brakes

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Brakes
From: Bruce Thompson <bandst@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 17:59:08 +1200
Hello,

I,ve been lurking in the background of the race list for a
while, and would appreciate some feed-back on my brake
system.
I have a '69 Firebird Trans Am race car with the JL-8 4
wheel disc
brakes. Presently there are 2 master cylinders in front of a
balance bar
and each is .75" (3/4") From here each line passes through a
booster,
with the line to the rear going through a KH bias valve.
I've never been a fan of rock hard pedals, I believe I can
modulate
a medium feel pedal more accurately. ( personal preference )
I am by no means an engineer, hydraulic, or otherwise, and
the books I've read suggests this should work.
The orig Vettes with these size brakes had 1" or 1 1/8"
mast/cyl depending on if they were boosted or not.
If any of you have any experience, comments or suggestion's
I would greatly appreciate your in-put.

Thanks, in anticipation.

Bruce Thompson.