Production Parts vs Homologated Parts

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Production Parts vs Homologated Parts
From: Marc Ablaza <unitedps@mozcom.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 11:48:30 -0800
Please help.  The Manila Sports Car Club is on its 4th year of vintage
sports car racing and we have not had a single problem regarding
production parts and homologated parts until now.  Initially we were
all following all FIA historic production sports car racing rules
(Appendix K) but now certain racers are coming up with so-called
homologated parts for production cars.  The committee is now in a
dilemma.  What are homologated parts?  Are these parts which were
meant for production cars or racing versions?  Are these parts
available from the factory to be installed in road-going versions?
Can we allow their use in production sports car racing?  Thanks for
the help.

Marc Ablaza
Chief Scrutineer
Manila Sports Car Club