Bucks reopens

To: Vintage Race <vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Bucks reopens
From: Dick Carlson <atrltd@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 14:40:18 -0500
OK, race fans,
 I just got off the phone talking with Susan Proto, wife of Larry, and
co-owner of the old Bucks of Lexington, Ohio. As you know, they had a
fire a couple of years ago that destroyed the restaurant. Well, the
bloody insurance company still hasn't settled, BUT, they have sold the
name to a group in Lexington, to reopen Bucks at the Infield miniature
golf and mini-race car course just east of the old location.
 The Infield has had a couple of failed restaurants on the site, and
really looks forward to having Bucks reopen there. The town of Lexington
is emphatically behind the reopening too. They have a nice bar, the
building has been remodeled, they can seat about 250 people, and the
menu will be esentially the same, especially the spaghetti and the Race
Burgers. The Protos will be there during June to help with the
operation, and back again in the fall, during the SCCA Runoffs. The new
place should open this June.

 Now, how you can help, is they need race memorablilia again. We never
got off the ground last time because of the uncertainties of the Protos
reopening and the insurance not settling. Now, they DO need the old race
and car (and motorcycle) stuff that you have. Whatever racing goodies
you have, that you would like displayed at the new Bucks, send it to
them. Photographs and posters, too, naturally. I also assume there will
be room for race stickers, but you probably want to contribute those in
person.
 Send your stuff to:
  Infield
 176 E. Main
 Lexington, Ohio 44904

 I'll put up a web page announcing this, also, that you can link to.
 The Protos, by the way, are doing quite well with their "Spaghetti
Vendor" business.

--
Dick
Age & Treachery Racing, Ltd.