Re: Seattle in June

To: David Valone <dev99@mcn.net>
Subject: Re: Seattle in June
From: rebjrmd@ix.netcom.com
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 13:42:01 +0000
Dave, SOVREN doesn't have an event at SIR in June.  We have the Spring
Sprints May 16, 17.  Our big event is the Pacific Northwest Historics
which is always on the July 4th weekend.  At last year's event, there
were 250 entries with two cars from England and one from Hong Kong.  As
for the cars: four out of the total production (32, I believe) of
Ferrari TR 250s were racing in our event along with a Corvette Grand
Sport, two Ford GT 40s, the Repco Brabham in which Denny Hulme won the
world championship, a Porsche 906, one of two Shelby front engine CAN-AM
cars, numerous other CAN-AM cars including the UOP Shadow, three Ginetta
G4s and a G12, a "C" Jag, and numerous other less exotic (but no less
interesting) sports cars and sports-racers.  We are very proud of our
event which is run as a charity fund raiser for the local Children's
Hospital--last year's donation to the hospital was $284,000!  We welcome
spectators, tickets are available at the gate and we feature an "open"
paddock.  Plan to come and bring some of your friends.  More information
can be obtained at: HTTP://TheRaceNet.com/sovren.htm

Sincerely
Dick Buckingham, Jr.
Race Chairman - SOVREN