TIRES

To: VINTAGE-RACE@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TIRES
From: ralph@cloverleaf-auto.com
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 10:28:35 -0500
Anybody out there racing on the Michelin Englebert tires? How do they
compare to Dunlap? I need to find a tire for a XK120 Jag. that races in a
preservation class{ie stock and can legaly drive to the track and turns
about 1:20 at LimeRock} it also does vintage rallyes and is driven a good
bit. So I need atire that handles, wears, and is some what good in the
rain. Yeah, I know I want the moon. We have had luck with Avon 600v/16 MKIV
but I no longer can find them around here. Also I would like a better tire
if I can. Dunlaps on the track are great but for the rest.... they are just
a little to soft. Michelin's were always harder so like I said DOES ANYONE
HAVE ANY INPUT ON MICHELIN ENGLEBERT? OR PERHAPS PILOTE X COURSE? Though I
would perfer to stay away from radials for the old girl she slides great
with bias and we are not pooping wheels or suspension

email ralph@cloverleaf-auto.com

thanks Ralph