elva courier

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: elva courier
From: Dan Klenke <dklenke@pmc.philips.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 10:15:22 -0800
A non-lister friend is forced by his job to move away from
Northern California and (gulp) sell his race car.  On his
behalf, here are the specs:

        1959 Elva Courier Mark I

Turnkey vintage racecar:
  * 1622 cc MGA engine, race prepared by Butch Gilbert, run
    one season
  * Close ratio 4-speed transmission (new gears)
  * Limited-slip differential
  * Disk brakes front, drum brakes rear
  * Fuel cell
  * On-board fire extinguisher
  * Muffled exhaust (less than 103 db)
  * 6 Panasport wheels w/  "new" Goodyear Blue Streak tires
    (10 laps only)

Original street equipment included (windscreen, top, many parts)

Asking $ 20,000

Trailer available ($2,000)

I've raced this car and it is a real pleasure to drive - definitely
a step up from your typical production racer.  It is one of the few
Couriers run in original Mark I trim -- probably why it was invited
to last year's Monterey Historics.

The car and trailer can be seen at the CSRG Sears Point event
on May 27,28,and 29 in the company of me (Elden FF #72) and Marnix
(Alfa TZ #7).

Please feel free to contact me at this email address or at the track.