RACING PRODUCTION CARS

To: VINTAGE-RACE@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RACING PRODUCTION CARS
From: ralph@cloverleaf-auto.com
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 07:21:01 -0500
Jeremy,
      In answer to Andy's question about racing a 67 MGBGT..... What can I
say but go for it. I have been lucky enough to race production cars that
include a '39 SS100 Jaguar{that has history back to the day it left the
factory} a Morgan +4, a stone stock xk120m and I normally buzz around in a
'59 MGA Twin Cam Cpe!
I have also raced a little in formula Fords and would like to get some more
time in them. I have yet to run in a race that I did not find someone to
dice with. Even had the thrill of holding off a racing C type jag. going
into a turn at the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix. He discovered the
"twinkie" had a lot more brakes than he did! I have also run a mixed class
endoro that I finished way higher than I should have as all the open cars
started dropping out in the pouring rain!
    As to cost....I have a freind in Delaware who makes his living taking
lots of money from guys who have spent lots of money on thier formula fords
and now want to win with thier cars.
      If you go racing you need a couple of things, the ability to ignore a
negative balance in your check book, a firm belief in Gremlins, and a very
forgiving wife {or you can do what I did send her to racing school and get
her vintage race certification}
    chow
        Ralph