Re: Titles/insurance etc...

To: DWhitesdJr@aol.com, favres@engmail.ulinear.com,
Subject: Re: Titles/insurance etc...
From: DWhitesdJr <DWhitesdJr@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 17:57:29 EST
Simon Favre wrote:

<<
  C'mon, guys.  Get real.  If he actually tried to DRIVE that F1 Lotus
  across Montgomery, I'm sure those Alabama smokies would find a reason to
  roast his ass over a slow fire for weeks.  ;=)

  Simon Favre,
  Former Southerner BY choice. >>

By coincidence, the April 1998 issue of Classic & Sports Car has a photo of
Count Rossi showing off the Alabama license plate of his "street licensed"
Porsche 917.  It had just returned from a full day and night stint at some
obscure place in France called Le Mans. ;-)

Y'all need to realize that there are times when you could stand beside some
portions of the Interstate in Alabama and not see a vehicle for 5 minutes.
Yes, there are places where you can safely drive a F-1 Lotus on public roads,
but this is no more amazing than the Monday after the Monterey Historics when
I was passed (and I do mean passed) by 2 racing C-Types on California 156
while returning to San Francisco