Floor paint

To: "Vintage race" <vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Floor paint
From: "Gerald Brazil" <gerrybraz@voyager.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 1998 11:33:54 -0500
A few months back there was a good thread going on shop floor paint. It was
interesting, but since I had no floor painting projects in mind I let it go
in one ear and out the other. Now I have a neighbor who is just about to
finish up a nice new shop building. and is about ready to pour the floor. He
was asking me for advice. He wants to do the job right the first time even
if it costs a bundle.

How long should he let the floor cure before starting to prepare it for
painting?

Should he pre-treat the floor with anything?

What is the best product to use the will stand up to the usual shop
drippings including, oil, gasoline, grease, solvents like brake cleaner and
brake fluid.?

Good advice and sources would be appreciated.

GJB