Re; Race movie

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re; Race movie
From: VEENET@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 20:30:30 -0500 (EST)
Here are a few things not everyone may know about the movie"Johnny
Dark".......One of the cars in it is what is now known as the Tatum
Special......Built and raced in the early 50's by Chuck Tatum........A lot of
West coast vintage racers will know this car....It was owned and vcintage
raced by Bruce Trenery quite a lot in the last 5-6 years after Chuck
rediscovered it and restored it.........Bruce recently sold it to someone in
S. calif where it continues to be raced...... And during the filming of the
movie Chuck did all the driving of the car......And in post production he
drove the sound guy around who hung out of the car with microphones to create
all the sound effects ....
And yes the acting and plot are terrible but there are some good racing
scenes... And I find it enjoyable knowing that it is my friend Chuck doing
the driving...........Jerry Burr