Re: Where is US FJ reunion

To: 75273.2557@compuserve.com, Blind.Copy.Receiver@compuserve.com
Subject: Re: Where is US FJ reunion
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 12:18:12 EST
In a message dated 98-02-01 10:09:25 EST, 75273.2557@compuserve.com writes:

<< >> Are you referring to Formula Junior when you say "FJ?" If so, I don't
 know of any FJ reunions in U.S. However, if you're talking about Formula
 Fords (which includes ALL ever made ...), Cal Club is tentatively planning
 to host the 40th anniversary Formula Ford Anniversary at Buttonwillow
 Raceway Park in 1999. The 30th was also hosted by Cal Club at Willow
 Springs in 1989; the 35th at Lime Rock; therefore we hope to to host the
 40th. >>

I'm not sure who originated this message, but there there seems to be a lack
of  historical understanding here. It is hard to believe that anyone with a
basic understanding of rules and car specifications would believe that a
Formula Junior (FJ) would also be a legal Formula Ford.

Secondly, since Formula Ford had it's origins in 1969, why did Cal Club
celebrate the 30th reunion in 1989? This further enhances the popular belief
that there is no intelligent life in California.

Jack Woehrle