Re: More trailer stuff

To: favres@engmail.ulinear.com
Subject: Re: More trailer stuff
From: "Edwin Smith" <EHSMITH@us.oracle.com>
Date: 06 Jan 98 09:40:09 -0800
--=_ORCL_6418880_0_0
Content-Transfer-Encoding:quoted-printable

The big purple rig belongs to Scotty White out of Washington State.....he
runs a Porsche in PCA Club Racing......I think he's running a 911 now.  In
96 he ran a 944 Turbo.........Probably had a bunch of Porsches that were
running in the PUG( Porsche Unlimited Group) in the trailer.....He drags
other NW Porsches to our nat'l races at Las Vegas, Thill, Sears, Portland,
etc.....

PCA Club racing, BTW is run under a no contact vintage race philosophy,
complete with a 13/13 rule, national sponsors, national sanction and is the
second largest amateur racing org. in the US with some 1100 licensed
drivers.  Cars are closely matched in the stock classes and the modified or
GT classes are pretty wide open and grouped by displacement with no minimum
weights and the only restriction being that it's gotta be a Porsche engine
and tranny case and  tub.  Big fun and it can be relatively inexpensive in
the stock classes with a high level of competition. Whenever we first show
up at a new track, it's interesting to hear the corner workers
comments....they are expecting something akin to drivers ed since it's the
Porsche Club and instead they're treated to big car haulers, a mix of
relatively stock cars thru IMSA S2 cars and vintage Porsches from 904s to
935s and everything in between.  They're usually impressed with the driver
skill level and think the whole scene is pretty cool...competitive but very
friendly with lots of comaraderie.......

Sorry if it sounded like a pitch but it's a similar program to vintage in
some ways but a bit more competitive........

Ted
1983 944 trackmobile, Class winner, last 5 outta 6

--=_ORCL_6418880_0_0