Re: More trailer stuff

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: More trailer stuff
From: Simon Favre <favres@engmail.ulinear.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 1998 14:51:18 PST
george davidson wrote:

>One of my favorites seen last year was the 1948(?) Tabot GP car on a
>well-worn open trailer and tied down with ropes!

I saw a Ferrari 250 TR on an open trailer at Sears Point last year.  I
heard that somebody asked him how much the car was worth, and he
replied, "I don't know.  I bought it for $5000 back in the 60's."  !!!

At the SCCA Laguna Seca vintage event, there was an absolutely monstrous
tractor trailer rig painted purple, and I mean PURPLE.  There was a
Barney dinosaur figure on the front of the truck. I never did find out
what kind of car was in it...