offending all Formula Vee owners

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: offending all Formula Vee owners
From: John Robinson <john@jr-and-assoc.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 1998 15:27:01 +0000
In article <199712301326.VAA08973@filk.iinet.net.au>, Patrick Young
<ply@adtrading.com> writes
>At the risk of offending all Formula Vee owners, thank goodness for that.
>
>Regards,
>
>Patrick

I don't know - he insults my home town, then one of my formulae.  A man
who knows how to win friends !! :-)

Actually, although I continue to own Vees, I am unusual in seeing them
for what they are (most Vee owners don't).  In fact (at the risk of
offending all Irish subscribers) they remind me of the old Irish joke in
which an Irishman is asked for directions to Dublin, to which he replies
"Ah now if I was going to Dublin I wouldn't be starting from here".

Only joking Patrick.  I am sure you can respond with plenty of
Australian jokes about the cleanliness of the English, which I am
informed is the Australian equivalent of the English-generated Irish
jokes.  The best I have heard so far is "Where is the best place to
leave your money if you have a pommie in the house? "

Under the soap ....

It is interesting that other countries have an attitude that running an
historic version of a contemporary formula would dilute the existing
series.  I guess Formula Vee regulations in Europe (particularly
Germany) have developed far enough away from the "historic spec" for
this not to be seen as a problem.
--
   |                 Historic Formula Vee and Super Vee                |
   |                           Classic FF2000                          |