Re: 69 Trans Am Camaro

To: barkrks@worldchat.com
Subject: Re: 69 Trans Am Camaro
From: FG99 <FG99@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 14:54:33 EST
Robin,
Tnx for the call. I absoutely have the book and have duplicated the picture of
my  in the pits for my scrap book.  As you may or may not know,  all the
photos in that book were recently sold at auction.  Unfortunately you had to
buy all or none, so my purchasing that one original photo of my car was out of
the questions.  I called the editor as soon as the book was released with
hopes of maybe finding some other proof sheets or shots that weren't used in
the book, but he claimed there were none
Anyway, last time I spoke to Ray Mummery wasnot long after Hurrican Andrew had
devistated jis airplane hanger/race shop. He was pretty unhappy at the time
since he had lost all his cars and an airplane. I was pretty unhappy because
he had some original priceless  stuff for my car that Andrew blew away.  One
of the items was the original sheet metal crossram hood, the other was the
original seat.  Why priceless? Both parts were out of Penske's shop. Hood was
one of  approx 6 sheet metal crossram hoods built by Chevrolet for Penske (all
other's were fiberglass) and the seat was out of the 68 #6 car (Pat Ryan, eat
your'e heart out). I'm sure if you looked close enough, Mark Donahue may have
left some stains it).  So near and yet so far.
Apparently my car was built in late 69, well after Penske knew what his 1970
intentions would be (AMC).  Consequently, my car had a ton of used Penske
stuff in it.
Oh, I almost forgot .  Phone number for Ray is  305 666-9014. If he moved or
there is a problem, give me a call.  (516) 798-1752.
Glad to be of help.
Fred Greco