Re: Magnets on your petrol and Slick50

To: vintage race <vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Magnets on your petrol and Slick50
From: oconnor@Fuse.net
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 1997 09:38:00 +0000
Regarding Slick 50, there is an article on the team.net web site
called "Snake Oil."  A good read should put the SLick 50 issue to bed.

Regarding Redline Water Wetter, the theory as written on the bottle
seemes to make sense. (Doesn't soap do the same thing?)  But I wonder
if this isn't just a band-aid for an old radiator.  Flushing my
cooling system and replacing the engine fan with a thermostatically
controlled electric fan has kept my eyes off the water gauge.  Idling
in 90 degree heat with high humidity is actually possible with a
British car now.

Is there an educated opinion out there about sythetic greases, or
greases with teflon/moly?

-Kevin D. O'Connor