Re: Stirling Moss black flagged?

To: bartbrn@concentric.net
Subject: Re: Stirling Moss black flagged?
From: "EHSMITH.US.ORACLE.COM" <EHSMITH@us.oracle.com>
Date: 27 Aug 97 08:49:14 -0700
--=_ORCL_4860899_0_0
Content-Transfer-Encoding:quoted-printable

Yup, ol' Sterling tagged another GT350 at the front of the drivers door, I
think it was Walt Hanes car.  He was flagged and then continued the
race.........When he got back into the paddock, he got out, looked at the
damage on his front fender and passenger door, signed the dent with a magic
marker and Cherrio'd on his merry way(not his car).........Don't know if he
said anything to Walt but Walt later took a magic marker and signed his door=

"Thanks Sterling"......

If anyone other driver had done this at an HMSA event they'd be gone for 13
months........probably not Sterling, though....

He had his hands full with the GT350 he was driving......no doubt used to mo=
re
sophisticated geometrys than that car had.....I watched him in practice and
the race....he'd turn in 3 times to get thru turn 3....We were cheering him
on......"Hey!!Turn once and sliiiiiide, mate!!"...Would've loved to have hea=
rd
his comments about the cars' handling.....

Ted

--=_ORCL_4860899_0_0