Re: ...out of the closet.

To: Clark@dnf.com
Subject: Re: ...out of the closet.
From: Simon Favre <favres@engmail.ulinear.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 17:00:39 PDT
Given your description, this is not a "cheater Porsche" at all. It is
a perfectly legitimate sports racing special. I'd put it in the same
category and run group as the infamous Pooper.

BTW, what tranny does it use?  If the answer is spelled Hewland, then
it IS a cheater. ;=)

If you are using the early 356 split-case, single mount Porsche unit
with hard synchros, then we're brethren, sort of.  My Bourgeault uses
one of these things. Ask me how hard it was to get parts for it. ;=(
A later 356 unit would be better, but no cheaper to rebuild.

BTW, BTW now that you actually have a car, you might want to dump the
dnf.com domain name.