race seat

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net (vintage-race)
Subject: race seat
From: gmapes@ball.com (Glenn Mapes)
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 12:12:11 -0700

Hi All
I am preparing a 1965 MGB for vintage racing (Rocky Mountain Vintage Racing)
and have a question on seats that I hope someone can help me with.  Can
anyone recommend a seat?  I have looked at some - the $80 models are
polyurthene (sp?) and just have the mounting nuts pressed into them -
doesn't seem like they would hold the seat to the car in the event of a
crash.  There are others ranging in price from $200 to 700 and designed for
circle tracks.  What I think I am looking for is an aluminum seat designed
for road racing, in the 100 to 150 price range.  Any suggustions?

Thanks in advance

Glenn Mapes
1965 MGB