Re: TR6 Pistons & Rods

To: "Christopher H. Kang, MD" <chkangmd@qnis.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Pistons & Rods
From: Susan <alfasun@esslink.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 1997 07:56:35 -0500
Christopher H. Kang, MD wrote:

> MHKitchen@aol.com wrote:
> >
> > Jarl;
> >
> > You've made yourself very clear on your feelings regarding what many
>racers.......
> >  I see no reason
> > though, that using modern metal variations of old parts, today's better
> > machining capabilities, and advanced lubricants do anything but improve the
> > sport by adding some level of extra performance, but more importantly, a
> > higher level of reliability, and making it more cost effective and sensible
> > for maintaining a vintage race motor.
> >
> > Myles
> I would concur on the logic of this arguement. Could you please explain
> why VARA out here on the west coast doesn't allow propylene glycol in
> the  radiators? EPA, old hippies, too much smog?!
>
> chk

The SVRA and anyplace that races bikes (NHIS, etc.)bans ethylene glycol
in race cars due to its slippery-when-spilled qualities. Presumably this
extends to propylene glycol (PG) since they specify "water" only shall
be used as coolant. Makes us yankees nervous when heading south to race.
Easy to forget about it on the return trip.
P.S. PG is GREAT stuff - the wave of the future!!!!