Re: MGB Front suspension

To: Glenn Mapes <gmapes@ball.com>
Subject: Re: MGB Front suspension
From: Mark Donaldson <markhd@voyager.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 10:54:22 -0800
Glenn Mapes wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I am preparing a 1964 MGB for vintage racing and have a question that I hope
> someone out there has an answer for.  I am using front springs that will
> lower the front of the car about 2", thereby changing the camber
> drastically.  What must I do to get the camber back to about 1 to 1.5deg
> negative?   I would like to use offset bushings on the inner pivots and turn
> them so they reduce the excessive camber but have not been able to find a
> supplier.  I have some bushings on order from Seven but it has been two
> months.  Any ideas on how to adjust the camber or leads on a supplier of
> offset bushings?
>
> Thanks
> Glenn Mapes
> 1968 MGB
> 1964 MGB (vintage race)

Glen:
How about making your own off-set bushings?
I have a set of bronze ones in my Healey 3000 race car.
They have hex flats on their outer faces so that you can
crank them to the desired position with a decent sized spanner.
They don't even have a sleeve in the bolt hole, and there
appears to be virtually no signs over the cars racing life.
They're also cheap and easy to machine.

Cheers
Mark Donaldson
Auckland,  N.Z.