Lotus Europas (Racing) (fwd)

To: wheeltowheel@abingdon.sun.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Lotus Europas (Racing) (fwd)
From: Phil Ethier <ethier@freenet.msp.mn.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 1996 00:09:41 -0600 (CST)
Please respond directly to
ethier@freenet.msp.mn.us AND harwooc@govonca.gov.on.ca
as neither of us are on this list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 96 20:45:44 -0500
From: Chris Harwood <harwooc@govonca.gov.on.ca>
To: lotus-cars@lists.best.com
Subject: Lotus Europas (Racing)

I am looking for information concerning competition Lotus Europas (pre
73) which used the Renault power plant as opposed to the type 47 and the
later twinks. I am trying to put together a list of possible "production
or modified/improved production" setups that were sanctioned by
organizations such as the SCCA and its European/UK equivalent. I would
expect to see things such as Else mods allowed but was the Gordini Engine
allowed.

This list will be used to assist in determining the eligibility of
Europas which currently race or will race in events sanctioned by VARAC
(Vintage Racing Association of Canada).

Thanks

Chris Harwood
1970 Europa S2 Type 54