Re: Liability

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Liability
From: Dick Carlson <atrltd@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996 14:09:44 -0700
Myles,
 And then there are venues that seem to cry out for a law suit. We ran
the 1988 La Carrera Classic, in Baja. The combination of the Vintage
Racing group and Mexico was really scary. The drive, itself, was not bad
once out of the town of Ensenada, where the kids were rolling rocks onto
the road.
 Did I read that you went to Steamboat this year? What did you think of
that organization? I ran the first year, the third, and was invited back
for the tenth anniversary, and they still seem disorganized. Very nice
atmosphere and people, but not terribly experienced outside of Colorado.
The first event, 1984 I think, had a fellow in a 427 Cobra, sitting on
the pre-grid. I was attending to my friend in his Lotus, and the Cobra
pilot noticed the plastic pit-pass protector I was wearing. He asked
what it was, and where did I get it. I was taken aback at the lack of
prior racing experience (driver, spectator, worker...whatever) of this
driver of a 600 horsepower car!
--
 Dick Carlson, Age & Treachery Racing, Ltd, World HQ, Kansas City
 http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/atrltd