carbon-kevlar pads on spridgets

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: carbon-kevlar pads on spridgets
From: Mike Gigante <mg@mega.cgl.rmit.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 1 May 1996 14:49:18 -1000
I bought a set of C-K pads (from Speedwell in San Fernando) and before
I use them I thought I'd check on cooling requirements (if any)

I have previously used metal kings and (lately) black flash pads --
but on a big brake conversion (Mk1 Cortina stub axle, rotors,
calipers). I haven't had significant fading with the black flash.

I am going back to stock rotors and calipers to be eligable for a
different class.

Do I need to duct cool air onto the rotors with these pads with the
standard brake setup?

Mike

Mike Gigante
3D interactive graphics, Virtual Reality, british sports cars, and wine
http://mega.cgl.rmit.edu.au/~mg/                mg@mega.cgl.rmit.edu.au