Re: ESPN Palm Springs coverage

To: WmSeverin@aol.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ESPN Palm Springs coverage
From: jimf42@mcs.com
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 96 19:53 CST

On Tue, 2 Jan 1996, WmSeverin@aol.com wrote:
 Those of us
>in the Midwest can get to tracks like Road America, Grattan, Brainerd,
>Topeka, Blackhawk, Mid-Ohio, even Watkins Glen with less than a 12 hour pull.
>Sorry, but you won't catch me at those concrete barrier street tracks... I'm
>lucky... I don't have to.
>
>Wm. Severin Thompson
>Team Thicko Healeys

I concur with Team Thicko...I prefer tracks with sufficient runoff.

An interesting note on street courses. This season I happened to talk to a
fellow who recently raced in the IMSA pro sedan series with lots of street
courses. He said about the only way to really go fast is to convince yourself
that the barriers are made of foam rubber...

        Jim Fuerstenberg
        jimf42@mcs.com
        Three Wheel Racing

"It has been said that motor racing shares in common with sex the
distinction of being one of the most popular, most maligned and least
understood of human activities."  Charles Beaumont and Phillip F.
Nolan (Omnibus of Speed, 1958)