Replica Racers

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Replica Racers
From: Dave_Lapham%oakq1lz@email.sps.mot.com
Date: 6 Sep 95 11:20:22 -0500
                      Replica Racers
  Well, here's my nickel's worth:

  I thought vintage racing was for people who wanted to maintain and drive
vintage race cars, not vintage *look-alikes*.  If someone wants to race a
new car, they should join the SCCA.  If they want to race a new car that
looks like an old car, I guess I'd wonder what their goals are.  Who is to
be impressed with a replica racer which has no history?  My own car has no
known race history, but at least it is a real car.  Didn't vintage racing
begin as a sport for the drivers?   The owners/drivers of actual vintage
cars have more to lose if they drive beyond their limits.  I don't want to
be on the race track with someone who's attitude might be "if I stuff this
one, I'll order another."