Re: The Drift/NHIS Vintage race report

To: Les.Singh@vuw.ac.nz
Subject: Re: The Drift/NHIS Vintage race report
From: jeh@world.std.com (jim hayes)
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 1995 09:24:14 -0400
> Subject: Re: NHIS Vintage race report
> To: krobinson@primavera.com
> Cc: jeh@world.std.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
> On Wed, 5 Jul 1995 krobinson@primavera.com wrote:
> >
> > I'm curious, not being a vintage racer myself, is slipping and sliding
> > your car around going beyond the limits set for vintage racing?  Is it
>       Let me say this up front. I'm not a vintage racer (though I do
>       autocross an old TR4). Okay, now I'll start the fire... Isn't
>       a "controlled 4 wheel drift" the way it was done back in the
>       halcyon days when those old racers were the "hot new
>       racers"?

I hope all have read Piero Taruffi's Techniques of Motor Racing, available
from Rober Bentley and most auto book distributors. It gives the first  (and
still the most) coherent description of the "science" of race driving, first
telling why you want to late apex , for example. If you havent't read it,
get a copy and get to it. There'll be an exam at the next track session!

Jim Hayes  1-800-537-8254, 1-617-241-7810, Fax: 1-617-241-8616
Alfa NUT: '58 and '62 Alfa Spider vintage racecars