[TR] Score one for the good guys

To: 'triumph list list' <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Score one for the good guys
From: <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 0:06:36 +0000
Not a fix or a problem but more of a story or comment, but since we are on
autox.team.net and it involves a Triumph probably appropriate.

I have been autocrossing my TR250 for a number of years, but decided it was
time to try something else as I can't quite keep up with the Sprites and
Miatas.  Didn't want spend a ton of money wanted something different, got a
cheap Porsche 924, put on new struts and shocks, upgrade to factory sport
option sway bars, a few other tricks and adjustments gleaned from Internet
wisdom and some sticky summer performance tires and she is ready to go.

First time out was yesterday, a little disappointed with the times.  I am close
to home, decide to get the TR at the noon break.  Without getting a stellar run
in it is about a second quicker than the "modern" Porsche.  Same course, same
driver, different car.

Less sticky tires, more flexible chassis, front weight bias overcome by good
old fashioned chuckability and super dooper low end torque coming out of the
corners.

Score one for the good guys.

Regards,

Greg Lemon