Re: [TR] TR3A steering help

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A steering help
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 09:25:39 -0700
> The front end was completely renewed (except for the steering
> box) so it is not the tie-rod ends or idler arm.

Assuming of course that the new parts are good.  Not always the case.

I hear you on not pulling the apron (had the same issue myself when the pin
worked loose).  But just like before, once it was done,
the results were worth the effort.

FWIW I've tried several methods of checking the shaft end float.  Dial
indicator seems to be the only accurate one for me.
http://s258.photobucket.com/user/TR3driver/media/Tools/DSCF0013_crop.jpg.html

Randall

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive