Re: [TR] How much oil pressure is too much?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] How much oil pressure is too much?
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 16:18:20 -0700
One of the famous Mark Donohue "Unfair Advantage" stories is about
looking for extra power from a flat-12 Ferrari racing engine, maybe this
is the Sunoco 512. One of the things they found when they were looking
for extra horsepower was that the oil pressure was very high - I'm
remembering 100 psi - and that turning it down got them significant
horsepower.

It's from there, and from Carroll Smith, that I have the rule of thumb
that 10psi/1000rpm is *plenty* of oil pressure; much more than that is
just wasting power.

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive