Re: [TR] Flushing Brake System

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Flushing Brake System
From: Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 22:57:10 +0000
> I also just drained some dot 3 into a bleeder bottle that previously only had
> dot 5 in it last night.  Nothing fizzled, smoked, blew up, coagulated or
> anything like that.
> Buy it does appear to be separated in the bottle, one on top, the other on
> the bottom.

Yup, the DOT standard says that they have to be "compatible".  But they don't
mix at all, kind of like oil and water.  Nelson wrote an article for Buckeye
Triumphs that shows it very nicely.  He put DOT 4 and DOT 5 both in a baby food
jar and shook it up.  The entertaining (to me) result is that the purple color
moved from being on top to being on the bottom!

Randall

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive