[TR] TR2/3 SU Carbs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR2/3 SU Carbs
From: Angelo Graham <agraham@execulink.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 11:49:32 -0400
Sender: triumphs-bounces@autox.team.net
Hello List:
Need some of the collective wisdom of the List on this one. I have H4 SU carbs on my '2 and struggling with the common problems: leaking from the jet bodies, float levels, excessive richness, stiff choke actuation, etc. I installed kits in the winter & checked the throttle shafts and they were surprisingly a good fit. I am contemplating having the carbs 'professionally' rebuilt to correct some of these issues and forking out the 4-5 hundred for the job. But before I commit, I am wondering if these early SU's can really be 'fixed'. Given the design of the exposed jet SU can they really be made to be leak free? Even after a professional rebuild, will these carbs be good running and relatively leak free? Just getting tired of the constant smell of gas in the shop and struggling with the carbs.
Thanks for any insight and advice on this one.
Angelo Graham

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive