[TR] Purely Subjective Question re. TR3A Valve Settings

Subject: [TR] Purely Subjective Question re. TR3A Valve Settings
From: terryrs at comcast.net (terryrs at comcast.net)
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 23:08:46 +0000 (UTC)
Just curious if anyone cares to venture: what would be the loss of power due to
poor breathing, if one (omigoodness, not me, no--not me!) were to, say, adjust
the valves properly...well, except when the engine had not yet cooled more than
halfway.  Would one, and of course am speaking only hypothetically here, about
someone else...uhm, ehr, would the clearance .010 gap actually be smaller by
say a hundredth, and what effect does that actually have on performance.

Should he-who-can't-be-named have to worry about burning valves here????  Or
would it be just the mild loss of acceleration and top end speed????

Terry Smith,'59 TR3A
New Hampshire