Re: [TR] TR2/3 fuel shut-off valve.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR2/3 fuel shut-off valve.
From: Chris Simo <ccsimonsen@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 15:26:23 -0400
--===============0938777054==

--bcaec54858ca18787904a432cd04

I just took my valve apart last Friday.  The cork was in ok shape.    I took
a laboratory cork mounted it on a 10/24 bolt, froze it, chucked it in my
electric drill and sanded it down to where it would barely fit the housing
with some force. Froze again and finished with very fine sand paper.   Seems
to be holding it's seal in the two days it's been in service.....

Not sure what material the cork is made out of - but figure it's got a good
chance of not turning to mush....

My other option was taking a wine cork and turning it down in a similar
fashion.   I've got some pretty good quality corks stashed in the garage...

Chris

--bcaec54858ca18787904a432cd04

I just took my valve apart last Friday. =A0The cork was in ok shape. =A0 =
=A0I took a=A0laboratory=A0cork mounted it on a 10/24 bolt, froze it, chuck=
ed it in my electric drill and sanded it down to where it would barely fit =
the housing with some force. Froze again and finished with very fine sand p=
aper. =A0 Seems to be holding it&#39;s seal in the two days it&#39;s been i=
n service.....<div>

div>My other option was taking a wine cork and turning it down in a similar=
 fashion. =A0 I&#39;ve got some pretty good quality corks stashed in the ga=
rage...</div>

triumphs@autox.team.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive