Re: [TR] TR250 problem

To: fogbro1@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR250 problem
From: Dave More <triumph@lbcs.ca>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 16:02:55 -0600
These could possibly be some symptoms of fuel percolation. Was the weather =
warm? I've experienced the same thing on my TR6 in hot weather, and in addi=
tion I've also been able to start it only to have it sputter for 5 or 10 se=
conds a minute or 2 after I've started off after which it runs normally. If=
 this is the case it can be somewhat alleviated by using a heat shield to p=
rotect the carb bowls from the high exhaust manifold temperatures.

Cheers,
Dave
On 2011-05-10, at 2:58 PM, fogbro1@comcast.net wrote:

> =

> =

> List, =

> =

> =

> =

> Friend of mine reports the following with his TR250. Any thoughts from th=
e List? =

> =

> =

> =

> TIA, =

> =

> =

> =

> Ed Woods =

> =

> =

> =

> "Possible ideas on another 250 issue I=92m having as of yesterday. Ran so=
me errands yesterday. After my first stop (20 minutes running, 20 minutes s=
topped) it took me three or four tries to get the car restarted. Once start=
ed I went home to pick a few more things up and when I went back out to go =
I had the same issue with starting (This car NEVER starts hard). Once start=
ed I went on about my business, but after about a =BD mile the engine began=
 to sputter and then died. I coasted into a parking lot and stopped. I coul=
d immediately restart the car without issue but after 2 seconds it would sp=
utter and die. =

> =

> =

> =

> I left the car and returned about 5 hours later to give it another try. T=
he car started right up and I drove it back home. Fuel is clean and appears=
 untainted. The tank is a 1/3 full and I haven=92t had issue until now. =

> =

> =

> =

> Went to school this morning and picked up lunch this afternoon without is=
sue. Stopped at a buddy=92s house to eat and the car sputtered and died in =
his driveway. Same as yesterday. It starts immediately but dies after a sec=
ond or two. It does this 5 or 6 times and then won=92t start at all. =

> =

> =

> Triumphs@autox.team.net
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html