Re: [TR] Rear oil leak - is this a first?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Rear oil leak - is this a first?
From: Bob <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 11:35:37 -0500
On Sunday, December 12, 2010 11:21:43 am John Gillis wrote:
> Dear all - having stripped all in preparation for TR2 engine removal to
> deal with my rear crank oil leak, I decided to remove the clutch
> inspection plate to make sure of the source before all that heaving out.
> As I removed the plate, what should fall out but a large core plug, I am
> guessing the one from the rear of the camshaft. Is it likely THIS is
> actually the source of my woes, and has anybody come across this before? I
> guess I will still have to remove the engine, but should I now leave the
> crank seal alone? Regards
> John
John,

Since you are removing the engine, I would install one of those new upgraded
seals as highlighted in the current issue of the VTR magazine.

It is currently available from TRF in their Christmas adds online.

Bob
Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47