[TR] Electronic Ignition Systems

To: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>, "'Brian Jones'" <tr4zest@gmail.com>,
Subject: [TR] Electronic Ignition Systems
From: Bill <anabil007@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 09:20:39 -0700
I have used Pertronix on both the TR6 and TR3 with Zero problems for
over 5 years, we drive our cars and have never had any hint of a
failure.  As a matter of fact I liked them so much I got the
Pertronix distributor for the TR3, and that piece of equipment is a
work of art. Nope, not even close to original, but neither is most of
the stuff on the TR3, and now that we are no  longer doing Concours
with the TR6 I will probably get another one for that car.  I simply
do not understand the reluctance to accept 50 year old technology,
when such modern equipment is available.  From what I read most of
the failures were due to improper installation (did they read the
instructions ... ;-)).  Kind of reminds me of the Toyota "unintended
acceleration" problem that has turned out to be 98% driver error ...

--
"Thinking is the hardest work there is. That's why so few people
undertake it." - Henry Ford

Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47